Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April fools

Today was a fun April Fool's day. First, I got Fraser good. I have been undergoing some testing and this morning had to have some girlie test so when I got home told Fraz that they found out what was wrong. I was even able to bring tears to my eyes (mostly because I was trying not to laugh) and told him I was pregnant. I wish I had had a camera. You could see everything going through his head and one of the more mild things he said was "bloody hell". I told the tech what I was going to do and she offered to give me an old sonogram picture to show him, but thats where I drew the line (hes old you know). It was really fun........although I'm sure he is starting to plan next year's revenge.

Then Emma and I made April fools cupcakes to share with friends.



Mashed potatoes and gravy (frosting and caramel sauce with a starburst pat of butter) and peas and carrots (skittles and orange tootsie rolls) The peas and carrots were supposed to be on top of a cupcake too, but I was too tired to frost anymore. (see above) Yummmmmmm.
We got this recipe from this book. It is a fun book even if you just look at the pictures.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love the April Fool's joke that you played, and I also love the mashed potatoes and gravy. Max was looking at the picture with me and told me that we REALLY need to make that.

Cindy said...

Have Max tell his Grandma to buy him the book! You should see the plate of spaghetti and meatballs. Also, do you ever visit http://bakerella.blogspot.com
Now this is some cute stuff.

Susy said...

OH my I wish I were there to see the face! too funny!

Christina said...

Fun! I got this book for a Christmas present from my Sis-n-law. Yours looks just like the picture in the book..Good job!

Natalie said...

That is so great. I totally let april fools day go by without any pranks. Last year I told my father in law I was pregnant and he was so happy and excited. I felt bad I had to tell him it was a joke. This year I didn't even realize it was the first until the fourth of April..uhhuh I'm out of it for sure!