Saturday, April 4, 2009

All I can grow is frustration



So its spring and time for my annual attempt at a garden. I think it may go better this year cause I have backup. Grant is totally on board and with his promise of help and support I am moving forward with renewed hope! Although out of the eight small tomato starters I bought last weekend the dogs have eaten four; two of which were still in the little tomato egg carton thingies and hadn't even been planted! Do I even have a chance against the rabbits and birds?

I saw this book advertised today: "The $64 Tomato: How One man Nearly Lost His Sanity, Spent a Fortune, and Endured an Existential Crisis in the Quest for the Perfect Garden" by William Alexander (Algonquin Books $24.95) I have to have it! Its always a good thing when you realize you are not alone in the world.

1 comment:

Susy said...

Wish I could get a garden started! I am hoping to in the next few weeks!But I say that every year! How are you feeling? by the way give me a call. Ryan took it pretty hard that you're not feeling well. He loves you!